Saturday, April 07, 2007

long time no see

It has been a while since I posted here. I was busy house hunting for almost a month. You should have deep pockets to rent in Delhi . I have finally found a place Alhamdulillah.

The interesting thing about Delhi is the presence of villages (complete with kutcha roads and cows tethered to lamposts) right next to a posh colonies (kotla for Defence Colony, Yusuf Sarai for Green Park and Gulmohar Park, Bhogal for the soon-to-be-posh Jangpura and so on)

The positive side is that I got to know parts of Delhi that I did not know much about earlier. I guess, if you are travelling alone in a car with 2 land agents you barely know, glancing at the map to be sure you know where they are taking you, this is what happens. Sometimes I forced male friends and colleagues to come with me when I went househunting, but not all the time was this possible. On such occasions, I just prayed, took a deep breath and went alone with the landagents.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh God, I know what you mean.